Monday, June 17, 2024

Art Quilt Update!

I have been having so much fun with my color wheel as of late.  It is not your average color wheel.  It is a "Stampin' Up" color wheel, that I misplaced several years ago.  I have made two new art quilts with the aid of my color wheel (CW).  Here is the pallet for the most recent one. 

I decided to use cut layers.  I made the backing, added batting on top, then put my layers on and stitched the layers together.

Then it is ready to be cut.  I cut out the insides of the letters.  I use a straight pin to lift the top layer away from the next layer down, so I only snip the top layer to reveal the one underneath.  If I want to go to the next layer, below that, I repeat the same process.  Be aware of what your final layer is, so you do not snip through it.  The photo, above, was shot on my ironing surface that is in front of my east-facing window, so it has some shadows, but I think it looks cool.

Ta-da!  Here is the final product.  I am quite pleased with the sharp outcome.  CW is not doing me wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment