Saturday, June 15, 2024

Scrappy Happy Strip Quilt Completed!

I started this strip quilt last October, at the retreat in Cascade.  I made it a specific size just for me.  I needed a quilt with a flannel back, but a scrappy top to encourage sweet dreams.  I wanted it big enough to cover just me and not lots of extra on the sides, but long enough to cover my feet and my shoulders.  Sometimes I like to sleep in my recliner, because of my back problems.  This quilt is perfect, except now that it is finished the weather is too warm to use it.  It will be perfect next fall/winter.

It has scraps from my friends Annita, Elverta, Betty Ray, Teresa, and my mother.  In addition, I have included bits for memories of my friends Hope, Caryl, and Leni.  Besides my "Zinnia portrait" (in the top row), I have Zinnia portraits of Hope and Caryl.  The blue floral L is for Leni.  To quilt it, I did the stitch-in-the-ditch method.  It is so cozy and fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment