Sunday, September 27, 2026

Yesterday, I Got the Last "Salli" Bag

I was at the Boise Basin Quilt Show, with my Unruly Quilt Artists, when I went for a cruise through the vendor area.  I wanted to see who was there and stop by Salli's Back Porch Quilts, if she was there.  She was!  And she had amazing fabric, as usual, and some wonderful helpers!  Of course, I bought some fabric, and I was asked if I wanted a bag.  Many times, I say no, so I can help save the planet, but this was Salli's, and she has cool bags.  I said, "Yes!"  Salli said it was her last Primitive Blessings bag and she cannot get them anymore.  I felt so honored to get the very last one.  And her helper gave me a free charm square pack!

The quilt show was good!  I enjoy stopping and chatting with people I have seen last month or a year or so ago.  It turns out, chatting can really eat up your time, but it is crucial to the whole experience.  

This is a photo of a portion of our Unruly booth.
We also entered the "Small Group Challenge".  Our challenge was to create impressive art quilts that were 5" X 55".  They are a cohesive display of talent.
We award a ribbon each year, known as the Unruly Award.  This year it went to Lynette and Autumn Roderick, for their amazing 3D art quilt entitled, "Think", about caring for our planet.  It is truly unruly!

There were so many amazing quilts at the show, especially the art quilts.  This next photo is of my favorite truly amazing art quilt, I saw there:
It is simplicity itself!  The simple, pebble quilting really looks like kernels of corn, and her pallet is perfect!

Now, for a more traditional quilt, but I go for the untraditional traditional . . .
This is medium sized traditional sort of quilt, that I think is amazing.  It won the Scraptastic award, which is given out by another quilt group.  This one also received an honorable mention.  Remember, if you click on the photos they will enlarge, so you can see more of the details.

No comments:

Post a Comment