Wednesday, January 30, 2013

I have a couple more quilts finished to show you.  The one that frustrated me so in November, that I could barely write a blog entry about it, is the Zebra II Quilt, below. The quilt was not a problem; it was the long-arming of it.  I had decided not to vent on my blog about the on-going problems with a certain quilt shop's long-arm machine.  It has completely put me off of long-arming my own quilts. I did get another appoint for around the second week of December, then I waited until the night before to rip out all the stitching I had quilted into it. I tried to keep happy thoughts as I was driving over there.  It was not a problem free experience even though she put me on the newer machine and said, "You're going to love quilting on this machine."  NOT.  I still ended up with a tension problem and had to lean over that sucker and rip a couple feet of stitching out.  It still took my 5 hours to get it done, and it was not really done, because I decided to do the borders on my own Viking machine at home.  I could not stand more than 5 hours and did not want to have to deal with another broken thread or tension problem.  Anyway, I did finish the borders on my own machine, then got the binding on and was completely finished on December 28th.  My daughter lives in Missouri and is not too accustomed to the cold weather. She had lived in Tucson and Shreveport prior to Plato, Missouri.  She said it keeps her warm and she really loves it.
I really enjoyed making the outer border with irregular shaped pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment