Monday, February 25, 2013
This little snowman, I started on Valentine's Day evening. It took me 1 hour and 45 minutes from start to having it sandwiched. The buttons and hand sewing are not my favorite thing, so those parts took me longer. Plus, I had to go out and buy black snaps. All I had were silver ones! The mouth is black snaps, while the other buttons are from my grandma and great-grandma's button tins/jugs. I found the "Slim The Snowman" pattern in "Primitive Quilts and Projects" magazine, Vol 2, Issue 4. It was sew e-z it blew my mind! I want to make another with retro-green background and another with reds and whites, but another time. I made mine a little wider and with a shorter hat. I like to be different. E-mail me with any questions. Thrilled to answer!