Monday, February 25, 2013

February is still Winter: Snowman Wallhanging

I have been a maniac this month! I just finished this cutie-pie snowman on Feb. 22.  I completed two mini-quilts the week of Valentine's Day. I also did an experiment with my fancy stitches on my new Husquav sewing machine. I just got it at the end of August and I don't usually use the fancy stitches. I bet I will get the binding on that wallhanging, that I made from my experiment, by tomorrow evening, at The Confab.  That makes perfect sense!  The mini-quilts can be viewed on the link to the left, titled "Gluten Free Doll Quilts."  That page has been taken over by Kirsten Larsen (the American Girl Doll turned maniac quilter).
This little snowman, I started on Valentine's Day evening. It took me 1 hour and 45 minutes from start to having it sandwiched.  The buttons and hand sewing are not my favorite thing, so those parts took me longer. Plus, I had to go out and buy black snaps. All I had were silver ones!  The mouth is black snaps, while the other buttons are from my grandma and great-grandma's button tins/jugs.  I found the "Slim The Snowman" pattern in "Primitive Quilts and Projects" magazine, Vol 2, Issue 4.  It was sew e-z it blew my mind!  I want to make another with retro-green background and another with reds and whites, but another time.   I made mine a little wider and with a shorter hat. I like to be different. E-mail me with any questions. Thrilled to answer!

No comments:

Post a Comment