Thursday, February 13, 2014

Valentine's Day Gifts

Mary's "snack bag" and Phyllis' "goodie bag"
I made two more bags, as I had people I wanted to give them to.  I admit, I do enjoy sewing these silly useful little bags with one easy strap across the top.  These are instant gratification projects. They take alot less time to complete than a quilt.  I did complete a quilt top in January, but I don't know when I will get it quilted, since I am cleaning up my quilt room. Right now it looks like a bomb exploded in there.  Here is the quilt top I finished.  I used the "15 Minutes of Play" method of "made fabric" to make this quilt top.  I love it.
    Victoria  Findlay Wolfe is the author of the book "15 Minutes of Play".  It is a terrific way to use scraps, so you can stay away from the fabric store a bit and save your budget.  I really do want to use some of my stash, so I am trying to shop in my own fabric collection.  I am the first to admit there are lots of awesome fabric designers out there today and those fabrics are tough to resist.  I made list and I am sticking to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment