Sunday, August 17, 2014

What is on the Design Wall in August?

After the quilt show, I flew off to Seattle for a few days visit with my honey.  I have been determined not to have to visit any quilt shops when I am traveling. We were finding our way to the Ballard Locks to see the boats come and go and see the fish ladder.  We were almost there, when my husband states, "Look, there's a quilt shop."  Well, he said it, not me.  So, that opened up the possibility of a visit!  I said, casually, "Can we stop there on the way back?"  Of course.  How devine!  It was The Quilting Loft, on NW Market St., in Seattle.  Lovely place, and I was sooo good. I only spent $45.00 and had the most delightful visit.  They have many Japanese fabrics and so much more.  I bought "Aoi Has Two Sisters" and three fabrics to go with.  Some of that is up on my design wall, next to my lingering scrappy doll quilt.  My scrappy doll quilt has had it's beginning on the design wall for some time, but has been covered by other projects.  I think one more hour on that and it will be finished.  Then, the wall will be clear of Aoi and her sisters. 
just a reminder, my design wall is the back of a flannel quilt, so pay no attention to all those fish!

No comments:

Post a Comment