Monday, July 4, 2016

Happy Fourth of July! What is on the Design Wall in July?

It is the 4th of July! Yeah! I did some yard work, have to go visit my Mom and run some errands this afternoon, maybe run through the sprinkler. Although, I did run through the sprinkler at the Lyons Club Park in Council, ID, on Saturday afternoon.  What fun!  We went to the Council Quilt Show, had a picnic, and I ran through the sprinkler, while T swang (yes!, swang!) on the swing, and Daisy looked on with great amusement.  I will post pictures of my favorite quilts at the Council Quilt Show, later this week.  Meanwhile, below is a photo of the quilt I am working on for "Scrap Happy". 
     I started the quilt, below, in late 2008.  I wanted it to look scrappy but I was short on RWB scraps, so I was using repeat fabrics and trying to put together different combinations of the same fabrics in the blocks, and it was very limiting.  I put it away and went on to enhance my quilting skills on many other quilts since then. When I went into quilt shops, if I did not need something for the current quilt, I would look for fun red, white, and blue fabrics to add to my stash.  I have discovered, this last week, that I truly have enough RWB to get on with finishing this quilt top.  I have discovered, that my old skills (2008-2009) were a bit more sloppy than I am today, but I am going to use those old sections and just fill in the gaps with the new fabrics.  The newer fabrics actually date through the entire time-frame after 2009 until day-before-yesterday.  Yes, had to buy some red and white fabric, in Cambridge, on the way back from Council! 

I have used some of these fabrics in
other quilts I have made since 2008.

No comments:

Post a Comment