Friday, August 26, 2016

Summer should get a speeding ticket!

I have gotten a couple of quilts finished! Hoorah! My stack n' whack doll quilt got a blue ribbon at the Western Idaho State Fair! Yeah! I have been cleaning, painting, and organizing our garage, so not much quilting or blogging going on.  But hey, here are my top picks for the quilt shows I went to in July:
Council Quilt Show -hand quilted -Spools by Barbara Huey
of Indian Valley, ID
Sisters Quilt Show -my favorite. By Pati Fried of
Piedmont, CA -love the fabrics and the background!
a little closer so you can see the detail;
especially the selvage edges that make up
the background
Love it! Don't know who did it.
Quilt backs blowing. Sisters Quilt Show


Sisters Quilt Show -hand quilted by Jan Tetzlaff of
Bend, OR, Guatemala Color
Star Quilt Show:I wanted to include a photo of this entire quilt,
but the blog program only lets me show it sideways, even when
I chopped it into top and bottom. Here is the close-up;
you can see the bunny ear details and kites.  This one
was by Saralyn Lynart; it is called Seasons in A Row

No comments:

Post a Comment