Sunday, September 25, 2016

Challenge Blocks!

Last year, the Challenge Block Committee picked out some awesome fabric for the challenge blocks.  I did all mine and turned them in last fall.  Then someone gave me one, as I was packing up our house to move.  It has been AWOL for quite some time.  We were unable to have our Quilt Show in 2016, so the challenge blocks will be on display at Room To Learn, in November in Kuna, during the Customer Appreciation Run.  Quilters visiting Room to Learn will get to vote on their favorite challenge blocks.  I found that challenge block fabric last week!!  How timely!  I have been practicing making these 'frames,' as they call them in England, and I did the off-set frame for this challenge block.  There was an additional left-over piece from a block I did last fall, so I used it all up making this one block.
I used the same technique on the outer border (frame), or I would not have had enough fabric without cutting and piecing it.  I had exactly enough.  I do hope you all like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment