It has been a very busy few weeks. I had to get back into the swing of things here and catch up on a few things before I found time to do fun in my quilt room. Friday night, I got the quilt sandwiched. Last night I got it all quilted on the old Necchi sewing machine. I had not free motion quilted on my regular machine in quite some time. It did not turn out half bad. The only white thread I had was a big spool that won't let the thread out easy on the machine, so I went and found my whirly-gig stand, but the metal post in the center was too long. I put a tp roll on the post first to help hold the thread spool out further. Then it needed to be on an angle, so I placed it on a folded piece of skid material and leaned it on my lamp. I needed a clamp to make it stay, so I went into the garage and found an old moving rubber band that already had a knot tied in it. It was perfect. It looks funky, but it really works and is out of the way of my quilt as I feed it through the machine.
my large spool holder for non-tightening thread
The quilt turned out real cute. It has a number of scrap fabrics in it, and some knitting sheep, cooking chickens, and the backing has knitting chickens. My husband picked out the black and white bird fabric to break up the business. I will post a photo when I get the binding on. My goal is to have it finished by the end of the week!