Sunday, January 28, 2018

Zipper Pouch!

I have been busy the last couple of months making some examples for the "Program" that I presented last Wednesday at the quilt meeting in Kuna.  I am going to post my presentation on my blog, but I wanted to make it a slideshow, which I am failing at finding out how that is done.  There is a YouTube video, but it is outdated and does not work.  Meanwhile, my husband has been destroying zippers trying to learn how to sew them into a zippered bag or pouch, mostly using the Serger.  I made one using my Husqvarna.  I sewed it into a tube, then let my husband serge off both sides.  It looks great and is functional, but I think it was supposed to be turned inside-out, so the serging is on the inside.  Oh, well!  It has character and I love it!  Jenny has a more sophisticated bag, so I and T are going to learn how to make those, once she gets over the flu!
It's a good size and I did do some quilting on it.

I used the cute bird fabric on the inside.
Such a shame to hide it, but I wanted something light colored.

1 comment: