Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Quilting in 2019

The year is coming to a close.  I have a list of unfinished projects that I intended to complete in 2019.  I got eight out of ten done! 1) Four-patch Star baby quilt; 2) Teresa's B&W Mostly quilt; 3) my B&W Mostly quilt; 4) Random Chickens; 5) Waltz (3-D) quilt; 6) RV wall hanging; 7) "D" Stack N Whack; and 8) Duree's Musical Seamstress Fairy/Angels wall-hanging.  I did not get Teresa's and my Artsy wall-hangings completed, but they are on my list for 2020, including a dozen others. I will be posting a list of objectives in January for 2020. I have to admit I am excited about getting those projects done.  I have to remember that I, also, need to take time to help "the girls" with their quilting and I want to do a couple art quilts this coming year.  I have written my visions down in the wonderful little planning book Teresa got me.  It looks like a McCalls pattern.  I call it my McCalls Planning Guide.
The girls have been very busy this year, too.  Check out their blog by clicking on the link, on the left side of the screen:  Gluten Free Doll Quilts.  They are amazing and getting more amazing.  Someone must be crazy!! 
Here is something you should try in 2020:  use some scraps to make something (zipper bags are perfect for scraps and doll quilts, naturally!); use some rick rack in something you create (preferably some you found in your grandma's old sewing machine or picked up at the thrift shop).







No comments:

Post a Comment