Sunday, January 31, 2021

Another Texas Two-Step Quilt, But More Refined

I made about three quilts, in 2020, with this same pattern.  Once you make one, you don't need a pattern to make more.  It is really easy to remember and to do.  One of my co-workers is getting ready to retire and I decided to make them a quilt.  There are no florescent marker fabrics in this one.  It is modern, yet traditional.


I chose the gray with yellow fabric first, then rounded-up the other fabrics to go with.  The gray with yellow reminds me of antique wallpaper.  I got a little crazy and bought the dark blue with gold metallic flecks in it, but it seems to fit the antiqueness of it.  The rings remind me of cup rings on old surfaces, and the gold batik gives it an elegant look.   I am certain Kelly will really like it.  The quilting was done in dark gray thread, as a result, you do not see much of the quilting.  Click on the photo, it will enlarge, so you can see it closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment