Monday, January 30, 2023

Let's Clean and Organize!

I have been sick with COVID.  I am not free to get up and roam around the cabin yet, but I am feeling much better.  I just feel like I have a bit of a cold.  Today, for the first time, since last Wednesday, I got on my computer.  I just felt like doing something more than sleeping or staring at a wall.  I have been very sensitive to light; serious headache.  I just thought I would click on a past post, on my blog, and maybe find some block I made that I could plan on using in an upcoming quilt.  I did not find a block, but I found an interesting post, that I did exactly nine years ago today.  The post is titled, Let's Clean and Organize! 

That post has a photo of my red and white stash on my ice cream chair, and it was posted on January 30, 2014.  I went into my quilt room, and drug out my red and white stash bin, and placed my current stash on the same chair.

My red and white stash on January 30, 2023.  As I compare the two photos, I see I know how to fold my stash more neatly and it is wider, so it fits in my acrylic bin nicely.  The 2014 photo may be a bit sloppy and tall, but it is narrower, as my stash was kept in my cupboard.  Overall, I believe I have the same amount today as I did then, and many of the same fabrics are still there!  Since I plan on working on a kitchen sink Christmas quilt, I can use a lot of these wonderful reds in it.  You know, I don't have a green stash at all!  . . . and that's a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment