Wednesday, September 6, 2023

What's on the Design Wall in September!?

Actually, I thought I would not get time to post on my blog until after returning from our RV trip up to the Payette National Forest.  But hey!  RVing has so many unexpected situations that are part of the experience.  We did not make it out of town today, so here is what is on my design wall:

It is kind of foundation-pieced applique.  I am using the small blanket-stitch on my sewing machine to sew the curves down.  Here is what happened this morning:

I am nice and clean.  I washed my hair and put on clean green capri jeans and my Life Is Good t-shirt with the turtle playing guitar.  I captured the cat at seven a.m. and put “her up-setness” into her carrier, so I can relocate her from house to RV.  Then all we have to do is load up a few clothes and the groceries I bought yesterday and be on our way.  It is September and it is the first time we have been able to go traveling in our RV in 2023.

I go out through the garage to see how my husband is doing, when he informs me there is another leak.  We had a major leak yesterday morning and it flooded the RV underneath the sofa section.  We got that fixed and now this.  It turns out we did not exactly get yesterday’s problem fixed, according to my husband.  So, he is actually going to thoroughly fix it today.  However, we need to take the cork out of the pipe beneath the RV and drain the tank, again.  I am a little thinner than my husband, so I volunteered to climb under the RV and pull the cork.  I went under on my back, until I put my head down and remembered how dizzy I get with my head on the same level as my body, so I kept my head up until I got under the middle of the RV. I was able to roll over onto my stomach.  Much better.  Remember, I am sixty-five and don’t normally crawl around under vehicles.  I was able to work my way to where the water drain pipe is and pull the cork out.  I really wanted to exit by a shorter route, but RV’s have metal boxy walls coming down here and there just along the insides of the underside of the chassis, so I turned around and scrapped Mr. Turtle and his guitar along between me and the concrete for about eight more feet.  There is nothing like getting all grubby in the morning, before one even makes it out to the woods.

Hubby helped me up and I went and let the cat out. 

We plan on leaving tomorrow, we hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment