Sunday, March 25, 2012

It is good to take quilting and sewing classes in nearby towns.  I learned how to do long arm quilting on the machine at the Blue Bird Quilt Studio in downtown Nampa.  On days when I go and use their machine, I treat myself on the way home, with driving down a road I have not been down, so I can find barns to take photos of.  You meet nice people and friendly dogs who want you to play with them before you take a photo of the barn they are supposed to be protecting.  It is amazing how much slobber a dog can put on the surface of a ball.  One awesome happend last Veteran's Day.   I was coming back from the Blue Bird, when I went to get a barn photo and the place with the barn was having a holiday bazaar.  Well, it was also an estate sale!  The nice woman there was selling bags of fabric that had been her mother's stash.  Although she kept what she could of it, she was selling the rest.  I got some sweeeeeet fabric!  One piece in particular, was clearly from the 1970's, and I brought it home and washed it and it went perfectly with the fabric I had searched for on the internet for a dolphin kimono jacket.  Attached is a photo of this amazing paisley print!  I did get the kimono jacket and purse completed today, except I have to sew on three decorative buttons on the front of the jacket.  Then I can continue with my #1 barn quilt.  I am proud of me for getting the kimono jacket completed in one week. I will post a photo tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I love it, Carol...I wish I could have stayed in Idaho and took up quiltiing with you...I think we could have had some fun...it looks like lots of fun and something you make me want to learn to do...QUILT! Tina

    ReplyDelete