Saturday, May 26, 2012

Elverta is my savior!  Working on three projects. One is on the sly, so I cannot post any photos of it, but it is really taking shape, now that my dear friend, Elverta, had me over to her place, so I could work on it.  Wow, that was a terrific sentence. Meanwhile, at Elverta's last Tuesday, I discovered that in my haste, the week before, I made a major error. I did not re-adjust my needle position after the demo I had done. UH OH!  My seams were the wrong width! cuss cuss cuss and throw up my hands and cuss cuss and "Save me Elerverta!!" Alas, woe is me!  After a few minutes I simmered down and pulled my head out.  Elverta made me feel better, and I was able to determine the breadth of the damage and we started ripping.  Then Elverta ripped and I sewed the correct seam allowance and 3 hours later we had not only fixed the damage but made some further progress.  I felt much better when I left her house.  Elverta is my savior.  hmm. good blog post heading.
  Meanwhile, I am also working on my Christmas wallhanging and Elverta's Jungle Quilt and a barn quilt.  Hmmm . . . that makes four projects at once.  The photo is of Merlinda The Ninja Quilt Dominator enjoying Elverta's Jungle Quilt.

2 comments:

  1. I bet Elverta will enjoy the quilt as much as Merlinda did :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this picture. Great job mom!

    ReplyDelete