Sunday, May 6, 2012

Summer Fun Quilt is done!  That is the fourth and final name of this quilt. I saved my end-of-the-line binding scraps then cut one 7" inch piece and two 3" pieces, then combined them with four 3"X3" squares and made blocks.  I picked all my primary colors to go with this lovely flecked white fabric, I picked up at Cindy's Quilt Shop in Caldwell, ID.  I did not choose the border fabric until I had all the blocks pieced together. Then I found my border fabric at my new favorite quilt shop! I had an appointment to use the long arm quilt machine at the Bluebird on Saturday, April 28, and I managed to run out at 9 pm on Thursday evening and find the backing fabric, which I brought straight home and threw in the wash so I could get it ready Friday night for my Saturday appointment.  I used the backing fabric as the binding also, because it is just so smashing next to that sharp navy blue.  Oh, I forgot to mention that the strips in the crosses are 1 3/4" wide.  That is helpful to know if you want to try a couple blocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment