Sunday, January 26, 2014

Tote Bag Berzerk!

Remember, I sewed two tote bags in December.  So, far I have sewn six tote bags this month.  I had sewn one for my niece, then two for friends, then three at the quilting retreat, in Eagle, last weekend.  I also sewed a fancy pillow case, an easy table runner, and some mug rugs, at the retreat.  Thank you, Teresa, for showing me how to make the fancy pillow case!  I just finished my second one today!  It is for Pete.  I went into my stash and found some special "Pete Fabric" that I purchased about 6 years ago.  It  is The Three Stooges black and white fabric, which turns out to be Robert Kaufman fabric and so is the accent red & white fabric which is the Dr. Seuss line (I bought that last summer with no particular project in mind).  Stooges and Seuss are fittingly fun together!  The bold black and white border fabric is Kim Schaefer for Andover.  What a lovely combination! If I do say so myself.  Now that I have done these quick fun things, I am sorting out, organizing, and cleaning my quilt room.  An actual quilt project will be starting in a week or two.

I made this 'snack' bag for my niece. I mailed it to her with some Owlish goodies.

His and hers pillow cases and five tote bags!

This is so you can see the details on this fine Three Stooges pillow case.

No comments:

Post a Comment