Sunday, December 4, 2016

Quilts Backing Up!

Sorry, I did not post in November.  I hurt my back, and between being off an not being able to do anything, and then physical therapy and being back to work I just did not get to do any blogging!  I had bills to pay and getting ready for Thanksgiving and relaxing, etc. to do.  The Knotty Quilters had a retreat in October and I was working on a special quilt that is still secret until Christmas.  The Knotty Quilters had a retreat this weekend and I got the secret quilt all finished today!  The pattern is Nighttime Blossoms by Fons and Porter.  It is huge for me!  But then, I did a huge one last year, too, now that I think of it.  Huge just is not my typical thing.  Twin size is my usual thing.  This year, I have made more doll quilts than ever.  You can see them by clicking the link on the menu to the left: Gluten Free Doll Quilts.
Or just click on the words, because I think I was successful in make it a link!  Who would have ever thought I could do this?
   In 2015-2016 I was working hard on moving and selling our previous home.  We had a fabulous realtor, so I have made a quilt for him and his wife to enjoy.  They have two adorable little dogs, so I picked a cute dog print and some other nice colored fabrics to make this cuddly quilt.
I decided squares are okay. Every now and then
make a quilt with squares and a border.  You will not
be disappointed in the results.
The quilt was quilted by Sid Mooney, who used a dog bone and happy dog face quilting template to make it even more fun.  You just cannot see much of the quilting in this photo.  Great job Sid!

No comments:

Post a Comment