Wednesday, March 15, 2017

I Sharpened My Seam Ripper And Got To Work!

How time does fly when you have a blog and you like to post photos and information about the things you love.  I love having fun, I love quilting, and I love fabric!  Today is the five year anniversary of my blog.  This evening I clicked on my menu for 2012 and looked at all the wonderful things I did in the first year of my blog.  I jumped in and figured out how to build a blog and had fun discovering all the possibilities.  I made some fun quilts. I flew to Tucson and helped our daughter move to Missouri. I made the Moose and Squirrel (Rocky and Bullwinkle) quilt for my husband's birthday.  We visited our daughter in Missouri for Thanksgiving and had a wonderful time.  I finished my fish quilt in December and discovered those tiny blocks of fabric to make doll quilts with. What a fun year!  This year is shaping up to be just as fun!  I made a mess of my 9 patch block and got to post it on my blog for some laughs.  I will be visiting our daughter in South Korea in April! I finally get to use my passport for the very first time!  Planning on going to Sisters for that fine quilt show, and plan on a road trip with my husband in September. 
    I sharpened my seam ripper and fixed that 9 patch block.  It looks a little better now.
My quilting niece sent me the pattern for this block and
some fabrics to make it with.  We did a swap.  This is my block.
I have come along way in five years. I belong to two quilting groups.  The Knotty Quilters is a small group that really supports each other in learning and growing.  We have so much fun!  We have our own quilting retreats, in Eagle, ID, where we get together about once per quarter and spend Friday through Sunday enjoying each others' company, projects, fabric, and food. 
     I have my quilting niece,whom I do long-distance quilting projects with now. We started quilting together when she was in high school.  I have Kirsten Larsen, my daughter's American Girl Doll, that has her own quilting blog.  You can view all the 'Gluten Free Doll Quilts' on her blog by clicking the link at the upper left of this blog.  She has friends who are cats and stuffed animals that also like her quilts.  She has ever so many more blue ribbons than I, and one Best of Division ribbon from the Western Idaho State Fair.  I started the doll quilt blog in June 2012, and it soon morphed into Kirsten's blog.  She has her own cutting table, mat, and rotary cutter.  She is so creative. I just don't know where she gets it!
This is Kirsten's design wall.  Most of her projects get designed here.
Right now she is sharing it with me.  She lets me take the photos
for her quilting blog.
  Kirsten's friend, Ebony, likes to sit under this buffet and look out the window onto the world.  The windows behind this buffet go clear to the floor.  I keep the shade on this window up about 18", so she can see out.  We moved here a little over a year ago, and I love my new quilting room!
Happy Anniversary!  I know the coming years will be just as exciting!

1 comment: