Sunday, March 12, 2017

What's Wrong With This Block?

I know after I pressed this block, I held it up for my very dear friend, Phyllis, to look at.  She said she liked the colors.  Hmmmm. . .
After I returned home from our weekend quilting retreat I dug out my three quilt blocks and put them on the design wall.  I stepped back and when I saw this block, I started to laugh and said something like "D--- it, how did I do that?!"  My husband, who was sitting in the living room and who did not see what I was talking about, said "A quote for you: Don't talk and quilt at the same time."
Well, Nicole, how did my block come out?
I get the distinct feeling that Phyllis did not really see it.  Like when I ask my husband to look at something and he doesn't really look; he just says "Nice job, Honey."
     What happened was time was running out because of the time change. We lost an hour of our quilting time today!  We were all about ready to pack-up, clean-up, and leave.  I was in a hurry to get this block finished before I had to pack up.  Well this is what happens when you hurry piecing!

2 comments: