Saturday, December 30, 2017

It's That Magical Time of Year!

December is my favorite month.  Decorating and cooking and baking and eating and sewing and giving and receiving are all things I really enjoy; perhaps not in that order.  I had a milestone birthday and QN sent me a surprise box of goodies.
QN made it herself! with a jelly roll!
What a smart girl!  T-bags are laying on top of the socks.
I wore the Jingle Cat socks to work on December 14, with my silver sandals, my pink jeans, and my long pink home-made sweater.  We had a Christmas pot-luck and an ugly sweater contest.  I was first runner-up for the ugly sweater contest.  Three out of three Christmas sock wearers wore cat socks, and 2/3 of the wearers were guys!  What a statistic!
I have been working on some examples for my demo I am scheduled to do in January, and I made a lot of hot pads to give to friends for Christmas.  I made and given 16 so far.  I have a few extras that are part way done and one I am making for my daughter who wants one with candy corns and cup cakes on it. 

These are some I gave to my friends
who are in the Knotty Quilters group.
I also like this time of year, because I get two three-day weekends in a row and typically I get something fun done for New Years. I can stay up real late and have fun quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment