Monday, March 26, 2018

Big and Little Stuff on the Tables in My Quilt Room

A couple weekends ago, I got the backing for Jojo's quilt done. I laid it all out on three tables across and one (smaller one) across the top.  This quilt is 'big'.  It was hand-pieced by Jojo's mother, from the childrens' outgrown clothes.  Jojo lost her vision and could not finish the red triangles being inset around the edge of the quilt top, then the purple butterfly border.  I inserted all the red triangles, then sewed on the border.  T has the quilt now, as we sandwiched it, pinned it, and rolled it up for her to take home.  T has the job of hand quilting it.  Big job, but T is up for it.  She may try to get me to hold a needle in my hand, tie a knot, blah, blah, blah . . .
Jojo's quilt is lovely!  Now, it is in T's capable hands, I can move on to finishing some UFO's or making something new.  I was looking though a book I've had for awhile, called Sew Darn Cute, by Jenny Ryan.  I realized the  "Square Bears", would be fun to make and a polar bear would be perfect for my friend, T.  I had not embroidered in decades, but I went through my grandma's button jar and found the perfect colored plastic buttons, and dug out my long lost embroidery floss and made it happen.
     This is my first "Square Bear".  I have another nearly finished, and I have decided to make the next one more square.  I used the pattern provided in the book, but it does not look square to me.  Making some of these to have on hand will use up some of the rick-rack I have, and some of my stash, while providing fun gifts for so many friends!  UfO's??

No comments:

Post a Comment