Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Fabric Buying Moratorium

     I have made a plan to behave myself with regards to being a fabric hog.  I have decided to not buy any more fabric until Dec of 2019.  If I must go with Annita to help her pick out fabric for her projects, I will not buy any for myself and, if I behave, we get to go for frozen yogurt afterward.  I, am a fabric addict, but have not hidden the fact from my friends.  It is true, my friends are enablers.  I have been an enabler to some extent.  At least two of us in our group have self-imposed moratoriums on fabric buying.  The others have been informed that they are not allowed to buy us fabric.    Nancy could not make it to our gathering the day we had this big discussion, so she will have to be informed, as she is probably the worst of the lot (from what I hear).  We may have to do a fabric intervention.  I truly have believed that I was the worst of the lot.  I know I have a problem, and will try not to compare myself to others, in order to make myself feel better. 
     Thank you, Shannan, for my last piece of fabric for a year!

     It is a good thing I got all the fabric for the Hannukah quilt before the self-imposed moratorium went into effect!  The good news is, I have enough of the Hannukah fabrics to make some more wall hangings, since I seem to be adding to my list of Jewish friends.
     It was a tight schedule, but I got it finished on December 5, just a couple days after Hannukah started.  Good thing I had that day of mourning off, so I could finish it up!
I had a good time creating this quilt and it was fun making it,
except for the applique' letters, but I stayed with it!
This is the back.
 Donna really likes her new wall hanging.  She likes the back, too.  Now that Hannukah is over, she flipped it around to display this side.  This side has dreidels and other winter motifs.  I would not have used this fabric on the back for anyone but Donna.  I knew she would not be opposed to it.  I am so glad she likes my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment