Friday, January 18, 2019

Making Good On My Convictions For 2019

Actually, I started in late November, getting my head in the right place for the foreseeable future.  The future is not foreseeable.  I got blind sided in October and I have spent time reflecting on what is important to me.  I have been spending some decent time in my quilt room these last six weeks.  I have finished two quilt tops which are coming back from quilting tomorrow, and they are ready for binding.  I finished the black n white mostly quilt top of Teresa's and made an interesting quilt back that helped use some of those b&w fabrics up.  It is ready to be delivered to Phyllis "the favorite" long arm quilter.  That makes three projects already in the final stages of completion.  I have a crap-ton more, but you have to start to make any impact.  I also started Zumba last week, and I plan on making an impact there as well.  I am grateful for my fabulous quilt room, all my inspirational books, cards from friends, and my ability to be creative.  I have been lacking some-in-my face inspirational reminders, however.  I have a plan to fix that.  Below is a photo of my metal cabinet, which holds about 1/3 of my fabric stash.  I love it because it is metal and I can use magnets to hold my fun bright goodies.  I am going to rework some of what is on it, and tidy up a bit.  I need a list of the top five projects, in progress, that I will focus on first.  
The little flannel quilt with the volunteer ribbons on it, is the first quilt I ever sewed a binding onto.  I particularly treasure it.  I painted this cabinet myself.  It used to be gunmetal gray.  It holds a lot of fabric, much of which I hope to be digging into this year and really enjoying myself.  Be strong, be creative.

No comments:

Post a Comment