Friday, May 24, 2019

Five Projects Going At Once!

I have been so busy.  I work 40 hours a week. My husband and I just took a week and went to South Dakota in our new-to-us RV.  We had a fun, relaxing, yet adventurous week on the road from ID to SD and back.  We went to see Mt Rushmore, and decided to see some other things along the way.  I will be getting a post on my travel blog in a day or so.  I have the first day all typed up . . . I did that when we had our blow out about ten miles east of Dubois, WY, but I have not had a minute to get more typed up.  I took a lot of photos and only had a chance to look at them last night.  It has done nothing but rain here, since we got back from SD.  
A peony in my front yard. It is one I transplanted from our previous house
Last weekend, I got the binding sewed onto Dianna's quilt. On Monday evening I finished quilting Dani Jo's two-year old quilt and started the binding. Tuesday I finished the binding on both Dani Joe's big girl quilt and her doll quilt.  I need to get those triangles cut out to finish the stack n whack that is on my design wall, and get the binding on Teresa's b&w mostly quilt, then I promised A that I would put the binding on her quilt.  I got three quilts all finished up in one week! Crazy!

Dani Jo is turning two, so I made her this big girl quilt.  I used my stash of cupcake fabrics to make it and the matching doll quilt.  I quilted them both on my home machines.  I do the stitch in the ditch on my Husqvarna, and the free-motion on my Necchi.  I made some fun loop-d-loos in the purple polka dot borders.
.
This is the doll quilt.  It is 22 X 22 inches.  It has the same purple polka dot fabric as the big one, but I used it as the backing.  Below, is a photo of the back of the big girl quilt:
I will post a couple photos of Dianna's fabulous quilt after I get some bodies to hold it up while I photograph it.  It is B-I-G.


No comments:

Post a Comment