Friday, May 31, 2019

Now That We Have An RV . . .

I had to make a wall hanging for our new-to-us RV.  I actually started it a couple years ago, but last fall I went through my unfinished projects and started getting some of them completed.  This is one of them.  I have about 30 more. Remember, slow and steady wins the race.
When we took our trip to SD, we left Ebby at home with a pet sitter.  We want to be able to take her with us on future trips, so we kidnapped her from the house and put her in the RV.  We did not start it up or go anywhere, we just spend most of the day out there with her, so she could get used to her surroundings.  She did do some exploring but then she wanted to stay on the floor instead of looking out a window, so put her on the bed under the quilt.  She likes hiding under quilts.
So, what did I do while hanging out with Ebby in the RV?  I did some piecing!  Our quilting group has a Block of the Month challenge and I pieced my BOM and an extra one, in bright fabrics, for the quilt for my Aunt Karen.  I don't believe the photo below demonstrates just how blinding bright the yellow fabric is.  It looks pretty mellow here, but it is not.
I set up the sewing machine on the table and sewed these together.  Then I cut out some fish! If you can tell me what kind of fish these are, I will send you a custom made zipper bag (made by me).  You can e-mail me at csz@cableone.net with your answer.  I will keep this offer open until July 4.
I welcome your comments, but for some reason my blog/Google will not let me reply to your comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment