Sunday, June 23, 2019

Lone Star Quilt Finished And Delivered

Dianna Slade's purple lone star quilt is finished!  It was some work squaring it up to prepare to be long-arm quilted.  Then after Phyllis Oneal quilted it, I squared it up again.  Yikes!  I got the binding on and am pleased with the outcome.  The main thing is it is finished and not just sitting around as an unfinished quilt any longer.  I scouted out and found a raised spot, for my two tall young men volunteers, to stand on to hold the quilt.  This is a really "big" quilt.

The star and white background was hand-pieced, while the borders were machine-pieced. The very dark purple has a rose pattern in it.  This was given, unfinished, to Dianna.  I cannot date any of the fabrics, but the dark purple and the floral make me want to think it is from the 1980's or 90's.

No comments:

Post a Comment