Sunday, November 3, 2019

What's On The Design Wall in November?

I have not posted a "What's On The Wall" in quite awhile.  I have two quilts out for quilting and one packaged up for continuation at a later date.  I am growing a flannel quilt for my husband.  I started it last Wednesday, October 30.  I sent my fully flannel kitty quilt, that I made for myself several years back, with him when he and our daughter went on a cross-country RV adventure at the end of September.  When he got back, he said he wanted a nice warm flannel quilt like that.  We went into my flannel stash and picked out some fabrics that would go together and a package of 6" squares with cats on it to get started.  I believe this one is going to be another wonderful flannel cat quilt!  I home machine-quilt my flannel quilts.  Here is what is on the design wall so far.  I have two yellow flannels that I will be using in between the blocks you see here:

I am using fabric I have on hand.  If I use enough of my flannel, I will be able to make room for something else.  Looking at my stash, I would say I have a few children's quilts to whip up, to make more room.  I can donate the kids quilts and make someone smile!  I have more of those 6" cat squares; I bought three packages off of E-Bay years ago and never used them.  Well, time to use those up!

No comments:

Post a Comment