Sunday, August 30, 2020

Fabric Test A Success

 I got some 54-inch wide fabric, on-line, for a quilt I am planning for a friend.  It was on sale, but when I received it, it did not feel like cotton.  I rechecked the website; it said 100% cotton, made in France.  I decided to do a test of the fabric.  It pressed wonderfully. I made a small quilt, then I immediately washed it in Woolite and tumbled it, on low, in the dryer for a few minutes, then allowed it to dry flat.  The fabric passed the test.  It is quite durable, but not heavy.  It has quite a sheen and seems a little heavier than some quilting cottons, but it worked beautifully in this quilt.  I think it will be wonderful in the quilt I am planning for my friend.
























The test fabric is the gray with pineapples.  This quick project also gave me the opportunity to use some of the precuts I had stashed away.

No comments:

Post a Comment