Sunday, September 13, 2020

GREAT, As In Really Big

 I did get the Obnoxious I quilt finished and mailed to my aunt in Phoenix.  With all those 115 degree days last month, I was thinking, "Boy, she really needs a quilt, and fast!"  I am glad it does not get that hot in Idaho.  I actually did some quilting, off-the-grid in August.  It was pretty hot up in Rattlesnake Creek, but my husband got me hooked into the solar panels and I sewed a whole bunch of 3-inch strips for over an hour, in the shade of the awning on our RV.  Then I put my sewing machine away and got my small iron out and pressed all of the strips I had sewed.  We were both quite satisfied with how the solar power worked with my Necchi and my iron.  Then I went down and sat in the creek for about 45 minutes, to cool off.  Here is the greatest (as in really big) quilt I have ever made.  I think I will stick to smaller ones in the future.  from L to R: my helpers, Tina, Kate, Sandy

This is Obnoxious I, which inspired Obnoxious II (if you scroll down, you can see it in an earlier summer post), Obnoxious III (which is currently at the long-arm quilters), and Obnoxious IV (which is still in suspension on my design wall).

No comments:

Post a Comment