Tuesday, October 27, 2020

A Break From Quilting?

Sometimes it is nice to do a small easy project, between big quilting projects.  I get instant gratification when I do a small project that does not take days, weeks, or months (dare I say years?) to complete.  In the past, I have made tote bags, pot holders, and place mats.  I am certain I have made other small projects, I just cannot remember right now. I do not make table runners.

I happen to be a big tea drinker.  Some of the best tea comes loose-in-the-can, but I don't always like fiddling with a diffuser to make my tea.  Also, some diffusers allow too much of the tea leaf to float into your drink.  In August, I made some tea bags for my husband, because he loves the loose-leaf Immunitea.  I bought some muslin, and sewed some tea bags and poured some tea leaves in each one and chain stitched them together, leaving a bit of thread hanging on each one.  He really likes the tea bags I made for him.  I like the Earl Grey, of which, I have several tins.  Last weekend, I took the time to sew some tea bags for me.  I learned that I need to put less than a kitchen sized teaspoon of tea in each bag, so the next time I fill tea bags, I will use a little less tea.  The reason is, I got ten cups of tea out of the first tea bag.  I think that is fine when I use a teapot, but usually I just pour boiling water into my mug, then put the tea bag in. 

I made a whole pile of tea bags.  I did not fill them all yet.  I just have them on hand for when I need to make some more.  I cut a soda bottle top off, to use as a funnel.  I suggest a smaller spoon to scoop the tea into the funnel, as you don't need much tea to make 3 or 4 cups per bag.  I have a couple of preferred brands; one being Divine Lotus Tea Company. 

No comments:

Post a Comment