Friday, October 30, 2020

Halloween Wall Hanging

      I have some fabrics left in my scrap bin by T.  She did a few Halloween quilts.  I made a wall-hanging for my daughter, about three years ago, and it turned out pretty cute, from being made with T's Scraps.  I have used those scraps again, plus a couple new Halloween fabrics I picked up this fall.  Annita and I went over to JK Quilters on Ustick Road, and they had some amazing Halloween Fabrics.  The center of this wall-hanging is a square that was left by T in my scrap bin.  I started with it and then grew the quilt around it.  When I quilted it on my Viking (can you spell Husqvarna?) sewing machine, I used my walking foot and went around the words "Happy Halloween" in black thread.  It made it stand out nicely.  The rest is stitch-in-the-ditch, which rhymes with witch, of which there are none in this quilted wall-hanging.  
     When we went on our last camping trip of the year, I started piecing some Halloween blocks for a whole Halloween quilt.  Below is a photo, of my first three blocks.  We were at the Bruno Sand Dunes State Park.  I based them on the outcome of the wall-hanging.  I was the only one at camp that was outside sewing for hours, just a few feet from the camp fire.  I take my Necchi camping and get a spot with power, or my husband brings solar panels.  I had lots of fun and ended up in the middle of nowhere (really!) while trying to find the Bruno Canyon Overlook (the road was not on the map, but the overlook was).

Me practicing social distancing.

No comments:

Post a Comment