Monday, June 28, 2021

Obnoxious IV

 If you look back on my September 27th post, titled "What's on the Design Wall in September,"  you will see what this was looking like last September.  It is finally completed.  It is very bright, all except the little tree in the lower right-hand corner.  I truly believe it is obnoxious, however, several of the quilters at the meeting last week, were saying, "That's not obnoxious!"  What?!  Are you kidding me?  It is certainly not reserved, glamourous, or sophisticated.  It IS obnoxious and I love it.

I just really had to put that red in there.  I used the black with yellow and orange bursts from the backing on Obnoxious III, and pretty much used up every scrap of it.  I deliberately made sure there was not as much pink in this one as the previous three.  I added the blue and my wonky houses.  The blue and white VFW fabric came along just in time to be the binding on this quilt.  It is like the topping on the cake!

1 comment: