Monday, July 25, 2022

Quilted Pillow Cover and Quilted Tote Bag

Before my trip, I got one quilt back from my long-arm quilter.  I have put the binding on it, but I have not taken a photo yet.  I also have made two donation quilts, since my return, but I need to take photos of those.  I made a cute throw pillow for my aunt, with an orphan block that she admired when she was here.

On July 16, my quilt group had a one-day quilting retreat near Kuna.  Each attendee brought a quart bag of scraps, which were placed in a pile and mixed up and handed back out.  We were each given a 15" square of interfacing.  We were to sew some of our scrap pieces on it to make a free form block.  Everyone did a nice job and they looked marvelous hanging up, side-by-side on the wall.  After lunch, we were given a pattern to make a tote bag using our block and more of our scraps and two yards of fabric that we could pick up from some laid out on a table there.  I did choose two fabrics that really went with my scrap combination.  I finished my tote bag today.  

My block is on the top row, second from the left.  I could not understand the instructions that they gave us, so I made my bag the same way I always do.  I wanted a bag big enough to hold a couple of quilts, for when I have some for show and tell, therefore, I made my bag bigger.


See inside?  My two donation quilts fit nicely in there, and there is room for more!   Love the pocket!  I made the button hole without a button holer on my machine.  I am so proud of me.

Then some guy came in my quilt room and tried to make off with my amazing new quilted bag, made purely from the scraps of others.


No comments:

Post a Comment