Monday, September 5, 2022

Finishing Up My Radiance Star Quilt Top

I modified the borders on this quilt, from the pattern.  I put corner tulips on the outer border to cause the eye to bounce back to the central pattern on the quilt top.  I cut some extra 6 inch square blocks and made them into 5.5 inch half-square triangles and some 5.5 inch square corner blocks.

Adding these corners to my border, reduced the number of 5.5 inch WOF border pieces by two.  That is hard to believe, so I believe the instructions had me cut at least one too many.  

This is my completed quilt top.  Now, I need to make the back, which can frequently be a point of procrastination for me.  I am determined to not hold up getting this one competed, so tomorrow I work on the backing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment