Saturday, September 3, 2022

What's On The Design Wall in September?

My "Blues Medallion" quilt earned a first-place ribbon at the Western Idaho Fair.  I finished my scrappy log cabin quilt top, and I put it on top of my "to-be-finished" pile.  I plan on quilting it myself on my home machine.  Then I got out my pattern (yes, I actually bought a pattern), and read the instructions.  It is called Radiance, by Material Girl Quilts.  The cutting instructions are good, but you cannot just make four of the center bits and four of the outer bits, without thinking seriously about which directions to press the seams.  A note to that affect would greatly enhance the experience of the quilter.  This quilt does go together rapidly as long as you pay attention to how you press the seams, so they match-up with the center flying geese segments.

I think I can have it done by tomorrow night.  I am going to add border corner treatments to my quilt top.  The border is just plain white in the pattern.   So, go sew something and then share it with someone!

No comments:

Post a Comment