Wednesday, May 24, 2023

What's on the Design Wall in May?

I was restrained, as far as buying fabric, at the Quilt and Craft Show the other week.  There was awesome fabric for $6 a yard, so I bought two yards.  Then a smidge here and there, adding up to a total of $28.00.  I did behave!  Then, as I waited for DF to catch up to where I was in the crowd, I found an iron that was being demonstrated.  My spouse has been nagging me to buy a new iron, as mine has a faulty steam selection switch.  P caught up with me and she has the same problem with her iron, so we waited for the sole person, in this booth, to tell us about this iron.  Well, we both bought one!  The show sale price was $220.00, and DF could not believe we both bought one.  It made my husband happy!  

My design wall has pieces from six different projects on it.  The one needing the most attention is the churn dash blocks at the top.  When that is outta-here, then the houses and trees doll quilt will be next.  The largest one is the Eye-spy layout, which I need to get moving on.  I have just completed quilting and binding a quilt that was constructed by a friend who only partially quilted it.  It has been interesting.  I have finally finished it up and need to deliver it.

During some pucker abatement, I had a pin come loose underneath, which I sewed right through.  That little green bird has holes in it's body now, so I know it is my lucky favorite amongst all the bird pins.  

This is a thick quilt and has been a challenge stitching-in-the-ditch, as the top is made from drapery fabric and the batting is kind of thick.  It is heavy and bulky, but I gradually pushed on and got it completed. Gradually means 3 1/2 years.  She will be surprised to finally get this back!

No comments:

Post a Comment