Wednesday, January 24, 2024

String Pieced Quilt Top and Tea

I am having some tea right now, in my smancy mug.  I made the border and finished up my string-pieced quilt top.  I have delivered it to be long-arm quilted.  

See, I did have an idea for the borders.  I think it looks so much sharper, now that it is completely pieced together.  I made the backing out of one ginormous piece of granny fabric.  Granny fabric is what this top screams for.
I, also, got my "I Spy" quilt top finished and delivered for quilting.  My amazing long-arm quilter, Virginia, had the quilt quilted in quite the quick fashion.  I had to go get it, even though the snow was piling up.  I drove the big pick-up and went and fetched it.  
The strip quilt that was laying on my table, earlier this month, is all pieced and just needs me to make a backing for it, then I am going to quilt it myself.  Sometimes I just do that.
I bought, before the big snow-storms, a package of lose tea, of the lavender-vanilla chai type.  Last week I sat down and sewed twenty-four tea bags and filled them with tea.  
Here they are; all done.  I folded over little scraps of fabric to use as the handles on the ends of the strings.  They will eventually all make it to the landfill anyway.  I will be sharing them with the CLS, at our meeting in February.  Plus, there are a few extra, so I have been using them.  The tea is delicious and soul warming.

No comments:

Post a Comment