Monday, March 4, 2024

Kawandi Style Tote Bag aka Kawandi Meets Crazy Quilt

Before I went to visit my aunt, in February, I started a hand-sewing project.  Yes, I know; where did that come from??!  I wanted something I could work on at my aunt's place.  My friend, Teresa, gave me a small canvas bag several years ago (to say the least).  I decided to decorate it up.  I sewed some Kawandi style patches around the top, then cut some more pieces to hand-stitch on.  I did practice some stitches, while I was out-of-state and worked on it a little bit.  

Since I made "The Raggedys" some clothes, I have worked on the bag quite a bit.  This is how it looked about nine days ago, after I realized I had not taken a photo of it.  My friend, S, came over last Saturday for a sew day.  I decided to work on my bag, and I continued on Sunday.  Below is how it looks now.  I have only one section left to put a couple pieces of fabric on, then add a lot more fancy stitching.

It is really taking shape.  It is Kawandi meets Crazy Quilt!  Click on the photo for an enlarged view.

No comments:

Post a Comment