Tuesday, April 3, 2012

I went to my CONFAB tonight and received a refresher on hand applique.  I seemed to have a retention problem. First, I drew my elephant on the non-waxy side of the paper, then I cut it out before pressing the two pieces of  freezer paper with the iron. Then I forgot and cut out the ear without the 1/4 " allowance . . . he has a new ear!  It was clearly meant to be.  I am going to applique this elephant onto my latest kimono jacket.  Then, I gave a brief demo on the Japanese bag construction, which I am experimenting with.  Above is the piece of fabric I prepared for the demo.  I sewed a hem around the four edges, and added two bright patches for contrast, at the 1/3 mark in from each side.  Had a very enjoyable time at the CONFAB, and someone has a photo of me with my Japanese bag on my head.  It was determined that it is a versitile project.

No comments:

Post a Comment