Sunday, April 29, 2012

Quilting at the Monastary was great!! I made some new friends, got a little quilting done, got to see what everyone else was into, discovered my new favorite quilt shop, made a fabric box, checked out some demos, and every meal was gluten free.  Sometimes something happens that I just have to run with . . . crazy me!  My roommate/table buddy quickly decide the orange batik she had was not going to be in her quilt, so she gave me the unwanted, rejected parts (one block with a quarter circle on it and he rest of her uncut orange).  I thought the purple looked like a planet, so I dubbed my creation, "The Planet Ruth Bag."  The planet Ruth lies in the Orange Galaxy.  The bag holds 2 medium quilts and a wallhanging.  I will be adding a link soon to share my adventures on the quilting retreat.  These things take time, especially since I don't know how to do that yet, but I am determined.

No comments:

Post a Comment