Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Memorial Day Weekend Bidness!

I am happy to have graduated from walker to a cane; bright orange with leopard spots, naturally!  On Saturday we decorated some graves then made a brief stop at the local quilt shop for some b&w fabric for roads between my liberated house blocks!  OMG! they had some Wizard of Oz fabric with Dorothy, the Scarecrow, Tinman, and the Lion, that the figures were just the right height for my liberated houses.  I bought a fat quarter of that and a bit of two of the b&w fabrics.  Monday afternoon, I finally got my extra flag anchor knotted onto the cord on my flag pole, and got my bigger flag up and flying.  Yeah! That took me about two months to get to.  Then . . .  I counted how many liberated house blocks had men and how many had women and determined I was short on women, so I started on the Dorothy liberated house block.  I also finished it the same evening!  It is true I did purchase fabric for Dorothy to be in the doorway, but otherwise, I am trying to only use fabric I already have in my stash.  I did not have any ruby slipper fabric, but I had wading boot (goolashes, Wellies, or rubber boots) fabric! I knew the Tin Man needed a heart and I have heart fabric. I wanted to use green to represent the Emerald City, but I used my avocado background Munchkin zombie fabric instead, so I guess it would be the Avocado City.  Of course . . . poppies, poppies! for the roof.  I went through my barn and farm fabric stash looking for those strange colored pig fabric scraps, but could not locate them, that is when I decided against the green sky and went with the yellow with barn yard animals for the background. I placed a yellow brick road at the door leading passed the tree. Note the tree and the roof are tilted because the tornado is coming!  
Toto, we are not in Kansas anymore. We are in Caroland!

No comments:

Post a Comment