Sunday, January 4, 2015

Cataloging UQPs

At the beginning of 2014, I went through my piles of projects and made a list of unfinished quilting projects (UQPs).  I rather like that better than UFOs.  If I did a list of UFOs, then I would have to include other 'objects', that are not quilts, on my list of unfinished 'objects'.  For instance, my unfinished Yeti Skills badge, tidying up my office, and completing my family genealogy!  Now, finishing my Yeti Skills badge is just 20 minutes of my time away, however, the other two are extremely elusive, and they are just examples of the mountain of non-quilting things I have waiting in the wings to complete.
     This morning, I sat down and went over last year's list and made a totally fresh, updated, list of unfinished quilting projects.  The good news is, I have two less on my list than last year. Success! Yeah!  I only have 28 UQPs for 2015.  The tough part is resolving not to add any further (new) projects during the timeframe of 2015.  I have high hopes of knocking out at least 8 of these projects.  I already started on my first one, Friday night.  I am getting my "15 Minutes of Play" quilt quilted.  I did all the stitch-in-the-ditch last night.  Now I just need to quilt in the border area and bind it.  I think I can have it done in two days (despite a couple "objects" that need doing, such as taking down the Christmas decorations).  That "15 Minutes of Play" quilt top was completed in February 2014. You can see it on my post of 02/13/2014.  I should have this completed UQP to post in the next week or so; in under a year, since the top was finished.[typed Saturday morning]
Sunday morning: I finished it last night. I have to take a photo to post. I will add that later.  I finished my first project of 2015! 
Ta da!

No comments:

Post a Comment