Friday, January 2, 2015

Completed in December 2014

I had three quilts that I finished in September through November, but just did not get the binding on.  I finished the binding on "Aoi Has Two Sisters" quilt.  Refer to what was on my design wall in September.  I also completed my "Sunset Sail"; got it back from Bev Hoek, my long-arm quilter, in September.  Also, I completed piecing the "Christmas Box" quilt in November and Phyllis Oneal long-arm quilted it the first week in December. I did a cheaty binding on it, so it was finished by December 9. "Sunset Sail" was finished on December 28, and "Aoi Has Two Sisters", I finished binding it on December 31.  Good-by 2014.  It was a busy year.  Now, I am going to prepare a cup of tea, find my list of UFO's and some gluten free shortbread cookies, and sit down and mark some things off my list and add two more, I think.  Plus, Caryl V. from Melba forced some reverse drunkard's log cabin thing on me, so I must add that to my list! Oh my!  Well, following are some lovely photos of those last three quilts from 2014.  I am so happy that the Sunset Sail and Aoi I started and completed in the same year.  That is pretty impressive for me. I am now thinking about a nap, but tea, list, and GF shortbread cookies . . . I almost forgot!
Christmas Boxes, blocks made from "hideous fabric" by Knotty Quilters

Sunset Sail quilt

Aoi Has Two Sisters, Japanese quilt inspired by my trip to Seattle

No comments:

Post a Comment