Monday, February 16, 2015

Happy President's Day!

A lot has happened in the a last couple weeks. T helped me sell my dining room set and the new one looks simply lovely in there.  I also got a lot of stuff cleared out of my quilting room in time for my mini-quilting retreat on Feb. 15.  T helped me bring in the extra six-foot table from my workshop. I had purchased some PVC pipe to make risers for the legs, so we could have a cutting table with the right height.  T pointed out that my table had adjustable legs. It was self-rising!  Who knew?!  How convenient!   I returned the PVC pipe to HD for a refund.  It turned out to be a pretty good set up.  It was mini.  There were three of us and we had a great time and more food than realistic.  T and I worked on mini-American flag quilts.  Ph worked on a lovely regular quilt until late in the day, then she started a mini flag quilt.  She will be showing us later how it turned out.  Meanwhile, T and I finished our mini quilts and did a swap. I give the one I made to her and she gave the one she made to me.  Yeah!  I made another small one, with zig-zag fabric, that quilter's call chevron fabric.  I don't get it. They are zig-zags.  I know what chevrons are; I was in the Air Force!  Anyway, I used the red and white zig-zag fabric for the stripes on the flag. I sewed yellow ric-rak in the seam and turned it right-side-out for a fun, quick, and without binding American Flag mini-quilt. 
L to R:  C made, C made, T made. 

Merlinda is deciding if she likes the new set.  The table-runner
is a quickie project that T taught us a couple years ago. Goes
perfectly with the 1970's flooring.

No comments:

Post a Comment