Sunday, February 22, 2015

It's A New Day!

I Skype with my daughter on Sunday mornings. We sometimes talk serious, but we really like laughing so we, many times, keep it light.  We both say some silly things.  I seem to be doing and saying many silly things lately.  One thing about me is: I tend to do more than one thing at once, and that is where trouble begins.  For example, last weekend at the mini-quilting retreat, I was so happy to have people over, that I was having a wonderful time chatting with everyone. I was doing this while starting my  project for the day.  I had turned on the iron, and I had turned on my sewing machine.  I did not set the settings on my machine, but was blathering instead. I pinned my two strips of fabric together and sewed them. I sewed another strip of fabric on. Then I noticed my needle was not in the correct place to be sewing a quarter inch seam.  I ripped out my first two seems, then proceed to sew the first one again, but I had not reset the needle position.  I had to rip it out yet again.  At that point, I quit talking, focused, and finally set my needle to the right place.  That was an excellent waste of the first thirty minutes of the mini-quilting retreat.
     Two weekends ago, I was with a friend at Ceramica.  I was talking and not focusing on my actions.  I drank all but 1/2 inch of the water in which we had been cleaning our brushes, before I realized I was not drinking from my water bottle.  The gal who works there said, "Well, you got all your minerals for the day!"
    I must stop this chattering, when I am supposed to be focused on something else!  Today, I am taking a plastic ruler to put in the rinse water tumbler at Ceramica, so I do not repeat my former nutrient taking  behavior.  I had thought about not sharing this on my blog. My husband told me that I should not share just the good smooth operating things. So, it is a new day and I have come clean. 


I glazed this bowl on Feb 7. I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment